We think these guidelines strike a nice tone and have widely been copied and adapted,
They were originally written by Ms Bennett from Old Moat School in Withington, Manchester who's blog is sadly no more.
Feel free to copy and adapt.
Dolphins and Ms Bennett are all really excited to have a class blog and the opportunity to share our learning. It’s very important that we keep the blog a safe and secure place to work.
We have a few simple guidelines that we need to keep to in order to make the most of our class blog:
- Children should only use their first name when commenting.
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Or post comments as “Charlotte’s Mum” or “Ayoub’s father”.
- Do not post photos from or links to other websites without permission from Ms Bennett
- All posts will be checked by Ms Bennett before they are published to the blog.
- All comments are checked by Ms Bennett before they appear on the blog.
- Always show respect towards other people’s work – be positive if you are going comment. Why not try using Two Stars and a Wish like we do in school? That’s two things you really like about their work and one thing that you wish they would do next time to make it even better.
- No text talk. Please write in full sentences and use proper punctuation. Make sure you double check your comments carefully before submitting them.
- Everyone in Dolphins will stick to these guidelines.
If you have any more concerns about the security of the blog then please feel free to have a chat with Ms Bennett.